Only one week after the completion of the ESEA Season 5 Grand Finals in Dallas, Texas, the ESEA Season 6 registration has been opened. The prize pot has been increased to $50,000, $5,000 more then last season. This season will also be the first season that the Main division finals will be held on LAN, along with the invite playoffs. Below is the official release from ESEA:
After another successful LAN final with Counter-Strike 1.6, Counter-Strike: Source, and Team Fortress 2, we’re happy to announce ESEA League Season 6 which will feature a $50,000 prize purse and a LAN event for all Invite division playoffs as well as, new for this season, the 1.6 Main division final four. Season 6 will also feature a number of improvements based on user and team feedback from Season 5.
Registration for S6 is now open and will remain so until Friday April 9th at 10:00pm EST. Once registration closes there will be a week for teams to get acquainted with the system and to schedule their first matches, which will begin Sunday April 18th.
Key Changes From Season 5 to Season 6:
- Increased prize pot from $45,000 to $50,000
- 1.6 Main final four, in addition to all Invite division playoffs, to be played on LAN
- New Source Main division
- Final spot in each Invite division will be selected by the community (more info soon)
- All Invite teams will be limited to a roster of 5 starters (6 for TF2) plus 2 reserves and 1 manager
- All Invite teams will be limited to 4 roster additions (5 for TF2) during the entire season
- Post-season roster lock will now go into effect 2 weeks before the end of the regular season
- Match overturns will be recorded separately from forfeit losses in regards to a team being marked dead
- Increased number of League servers on new hardware to ease scheduling availability
Features of ESEA League include:
- Two matches per week for all divisions
- Complete web match scheduling
- SMS scheduling alerts
- All matches played on our ESEA servers across eight locations
- Protection from our industry leading anti-cheat / config locking Client
- Helpful team of handpicked paid league Admins who are active in each community
- Complete box scores and stats for EVERY match (just as we have for pugs and scrims)
- HLTV and SourceTV demo downloads for every match within 5 minutes of matches finishing
- Automatic live HLTV and SourceTV for every match (unlimited number of spectators)
- Automatic live irc scorebots for every match
- Automatic POV demo recording
- User prediction system for every match
- You build your permanent league record
- LAN event for all invite division playoffs & 1.6 Main final four
As an incentive to teams to register early, on April 2nd we’re going to be raising the price of Premium from $6 USD per month to $6.95 USD per month. This is the first time we’ve done this in six years and I’m confident we’ve done our part to raise the value of what we offer by more than 95 cents since we first launched the service. Three, six, and possibly 12 month subscription prices will be announced then as well. As a way of saying thanks to all of our loyal subscribers, we’re grandfathering in all active subscriptions at their current prices for as long as they stay subscribed.
We’re extremely excited about Season 6 and have spent an entire season taking in your feedback, figuring out where we messed up, and working hard to come up with solutions to help continue our march towards perfection. Team move ups and move downs, a full prize pot breakdown, as well as the map rotations will be announced within the next two weeks so be sure and check back often.
You can visit the ESEA website by clicking here