Valve’s new Survival Pack expansion has been released for Left 4 Dead as promised! The new expansion has been released for both the PC and XBox360 Platforms. Valve also added Left 4 Dead branded goods to the company’s official store, including the last stand poster that is seen in the Survival mode’s splash screen.
Quote from Kotaku:
So far, the new Survival gameplay is kicking my ass, with my first playthrough lasting all of 93 seconds. Fun! Surely becoming familiar with the new mode’s map will make this a little easier as time goes on.
The full list of changes from Valve is as follows.
– New gameplay Mode
– 16 maps including Last Stand
– 7 new achievements
– Fixed a case where versus team score would continue to be recalculated after the score panel was displayed
– Fixed an issue with recalculating the versus score health bonus for a player when they are rescued from being incapacitated
– Fixed being able to start a swing as an infected, then teleport to the survivors and have the claw swing hit a survivor
– Fixed a case where teleporting to the survivors would not reset the ability timer
– Fixed an exploit where you could load the chamber of a weapon with bullets by holding down the melee key
– Fixed a case where it was not possible to join a game while it was in a finale
– Fixed a rare case where listen servers would speed up the game over time
– Removed convars related to melee fatigue
– Fixed a case where infected players would get a respawn time on their initial spawn into a map
– Made ms_force_dedicated_server not require cheats
– Add a message when queuing a heartbeat
– Simplified setting of game mode.
removed convars director_no_human_zombies and director_holdout_mode
added mp_gamemode [coop,versus,survival]
– Added lobby join and leave messages