BY Andrew Miesner / May 29, 2016
Today, coL.Dota takes to the skies for the long flight to Manila, Philippines as they prepare to compete in The Manila Major! The Manila Major is the third event of Valve’s Dota Major Championships, which will add 3 new publisher-sponsored tournaments each year in addition to The International. The event is taking place in the Mall of America Arena.
Open Qualifiers – April 29th – May 2nd, 2016
- Eight Regional Single-elimination Open Qualifiers, two brackets for each region.
- The winners of each Regional Qualifier will advance to the respective Main Qualifier.
Main Qualifiers – May 3rd – May 6th, 2016
- Four Regional Qualifiers.
- Two groups of five teams, top two teams of each group advancing to the Regional Double-elimination Playoff Bracket.
- The winner of each Regional Playoff Bracket will join the twelve directly invited teams in Manila.
Group Stage – June 3rd – June 4th, 2016
- Four groups of four teams
- Double-elimination format with matches played in a best-of-three.
- Top two teams in each group advance to upper bracket of the Main Event.
- Bottom two teams in each group advance to lower bracket of the Main Event.
Main Event – June 7th – June 12th, 2016
- Teams are seeded into a double-elimination bracket after the Group Stage.
- Eight teams begin in the upper bracket, eight in the lower bracket.
- The first round matches of the Lower Bracket are best-of-one elimination
- All other games are Best-of-Three with best-of-five grand finals
- 1st – $1,110,000
- 2nd – $405,000
- 3rd – $315,000
- 4th – $255,000
<iframe style=”border: 0;” src=”https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m14!1m12!1m3!1d1175.0277647896444!2d120.9839257603668!3d14.532155287665818!2m3!1f0!2f0!3f0!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!5e1!3m2!1sen!2sus!4v1464535732373″ width=”860″ height=”450″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=”allowfullscreen”></iframe>