One month after we reported that League of Legends was being considered for the Raleigh, North Carolina pro-circuit stop, it has been confirmed by Major League Gaming. League of Legends will be the third team game to be hosted by MLG, joining Call of Duty: Black Ops and Halo: Reach.
The following details were provided in the release:
Because we’re adding LoL midway through the 2011 Season, we’ll be starting small, but in style. We’re inviting four of the best teams in North America, and, with the support of Riot Games, we’ll be covering their travel costs. Matches will be played during the Saturday and Sunday of MLG Raleigh, and we will be streaming them live.
- The teams: Epik Gaming, Curse Gaming, Team Solo Mid, and Counter Logic Gaming
- The format: 5v5, Bo3 Pool Play. The Top 2 teams will play an extended series Bo7 for the Championship
- · The prizes: $20,000 is on the line
- $12,500 for the 1st Place team
- $7,500 for 2nd Place
- The schedule (in ET):
- Saturday 10:00AM – 8:00PM Streamed Pool Play Matches
- Sunday 10:00AM – 1:45PM Streamed Championship Finals
MLG Raleigh will take place from August 26-28th at the Raleigh Convention Center in Raleigh, North Carolina.